Foci

AN ARCHITECTURAL BLOG

DESIGN « CULTURE « LIFE

Sep 24, 2011

firmitas, utilitas, venustas - Vitruvius' 3 principles

Greetings all, (or none)
welcome! I'm LMC and live and work in St. Catharines. I was raised here and find a certain satisfaction in any minor or major architectural work that takes place in Niagara - as it contributes to a greater Built Environment.

My attempt is to promote information on everything architecture in the Niagara region. I have found no single source of info for architecture news,musings or history in the area, so I decided that I might take on the task. I plan to take no single direction in my writing other than to inform and inspire from within the region. It could be past or present subjects or something that I believe Niagara should draw inspiration from.

In not so conventional interpretations, I think Vitruvius might have had the right principals as they apply to architecture, but to life in general - or at least as it applies to this blog:

Firmness - My opinion is usually strong, but I'm always up for a challenge so comment away.


Commodity - useful and valuable? you be the judge.


Delight - with any luck it will be enjoyable.


If there is anything specific you would like me to check into for you, send me a message. I work at a local Architectural firm and might have the resources to help. I'll try my best to talk about all firms work if I can - I'll keep firm bias to a minimum.


Keep designing, Keep progressing, Positivity is contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment